Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Do-Over

You know, I didn't get the best sleep the last few days, and as a result, I've been a little tired.  But I was busy over the weekend and didn't blog on Friday or Saturday, so I really didn't want to skip Monday, too.  But when I went to update my blog this morning before class, the result was very boring.

I blame it on being tired.

But hey!  There is hope.  Because this is my blog, which means I control what goes on here.  So guess what?  I have declared a do-over.  I have erased the previous blog content from the morning (if you missed it, don't worry - you didn't miss much...), and replaced it with this!  Much more interesting.

For instance, here's something random I saw the other day:



And here's what I learned over the weekend:

1) Saturday was apparently Valentine's Day.  Since I'm not a relationship person (and more importantly, since I'm not eating chocolate at the moment), I kept forgetting.  Hope everyone had a nice day - I had a great time visiting with Mom and Great Aunt J, and Aunt M and Uncle B.  I also got a Crater Lake Root Beer at Red Hills Market.

2) I love Communion Sunday at church.  Actually, I've known this for a couple of years now.  But I love it.  We sang a few of my favorite songs,* and I looked up the guitar sheet music afterwards so I could learn to play them.  One of them has a bunch of chords I don't know yet, so now I have something new to work on.

3) I still have the ability to be obsessive compulsive about new things that I've discovered I like.  I've been delving into Taylor Swift land for about a month now.  Apparently no matter how much you look around YouTube, you will always find another interview clip that you haven't seen yet.  So that's two things I learned right there.

4) Despite my obsessive-compulsive tendencies, I have made some decisions about how I'm going to manage my time from now on (starting tomorrow - literally).  Spending a bunch of time binge-watching YouTube will not be high on the list of priorities.  :)

5) I think I may need to move my furniture around.  I put my office furniture in the living room area, because it looked nice and the living room furniture fits snugly and cozily in the spare bedroom, but it's not working for me, work-wise.  I think I need the writing desk in the spare room, so I really feel like I'm in a separate space.  Will think about that one, because there's no way I'm moving it all around by myself.

6) Portland seems to be having a relatively mild winter.  The weather this weekend was amazing.

7) I really enjoy applying song lyrics to life. Someone will be telling me about something, and I'll say, "You know, there's a Sara Groves song about that" - that's happened a lot over the last year or so.  And just today I said, "You know, there's a Taylor Swift lyric about that."  Poetry can be so helpful.



*How Deep the Father's Love for UsIn Christ Alone, and Lord, I Need You.


No comments:

Post a Comment