Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Copyright Frenzy

So I'm taking this Intellectual Property and Copyright class, and it's making me totally paranoid.


- I have plans to scour my entire blog for unintentional infringements to be removed.

- Driving home, I got behind a service truck and the company name was the title of a popular old film. I now know that titles can't actually be copyrighted, but I just kept thinking, "technically, that's 'unfair competition' - if they wanted to come after this guy, they'd actually have a case. With precedent."

Knowledge is a terrible burden.


Seriously, though, it's very interesting stuff. If I were planning to study law, I think I would want to be a copyright lawyer. And it's surprising how many times it's come up in all three of my classes - not just the one devoted to the subject.


In other news, today on my commutes I started reading Dallas Willard's The Spirit of the Disciplines. So far I've only read the preface, the introduction, and the first few pages of chapter one, and I'm already wondering how on earth I didn't read this book years ago. I will definitely be reviewing it when I'm finished.


Anyway, I think that's all for today.

...

Yeah. It is.




Next post will be a Wednesday Review of the movie, The Book Thief.



No comments:

Post a Comment