Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Poetry Book Release

I am very pleased to announce that my book, To Do This Right, is available for purchase on the CreateSpace eStore and Amazon.


It's been a very, very long process getting this book out into the world.  God and I initially discussed it back in July of 2012, and I started really working on it in July of 2013.  Hard to believe it's finally finished, almost two and a half years in.

Wow.




I had a lot of difficulty with the cover design - I'm no visual artist.  I'm also no computer whiz; I messed around with Microsoft Word for a while, trying to make a cover from scratch, but it was taking way too long and becoming very frustrating to me.  Also, I would've had to go through another round or two of proof orders to make sure everything lined up right.

In the end, with my final deadline already several days gone and no clue what I was doing, I decided to use one of the cover design packages available through CreateSpace, where I published the book.  I found one that I liked, uploaded my choice of artwork (Saint-Georges majeur au crepuscule, by Claude Monet), played around with the font styles (no control over font sizes, unfortunately), and came up with a blurb for the back of the book.


Here it is:

To Do This Right is a personal collection of lyric poems about following Christ.
Rachel Lulich's poems are sincere and considered, born of her own experiences
walking with God. Her use of plain language and unobtrusive rhyme, combined
with an abundance of biblical references, makes her poems readable and insightful.
They reflect the triumphs and failures, the joys and regrets, and above all, the
beautiful mysteries inherent in the Christian Life.


Think you might be interested, but not sure a poetry book is for you?  That's ok.  I understand.  I myself used to be very anti-poetry, if you can believe it.

Don't worry: I'll soon be posting a few of the poems in this collection, right here on my blog.


So stay tuned!  (I might even do a giveaway...)


No comments:

Post a Comment