Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Overview

Well, with Christmas over, it's always nice to look back and think about how we spent the time.


We had a nice week in Sunriver with the whole family.  Some of us got sick, but not terribly sick like four years ago.  We had a tree, of course, and exchanged gifts, although we kept it simple this year.  It was nice.

And then, of course, everyone went home.  I got to spend some extra time with Steven and Ezekiel, and with my brother Ben, who stayed until today, and with my parents (I beat Dad at a game of chess).  I took the Sunriver tree to my place and eventually re-decorated it.  I spent Christmas Day at Mom and Dad's.  We relaxed, coughed, and make/ate turkey curry.*  And I got my poetry book in the mail, which was very satisfying.**


Now it's two days after Christmas and all the visiting family are gone.  I'm looking forward to school starting up soon, and to watching the new Doctor Who Christmas Special^ with J and her family, who recorded it to watch later.

In the meantime, I got some book money for Christmas, so I have plenty to read.  :)  I also need to decide my next writing project and start actually marketing my poetry book a little.  Lots to do.


So Merry Christmas, everyone.  I hope you're having a wonderful day today.



*Usually eaten after Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.  Great way to use turkey leftovers.

**Even though I found a typo, after all that proofing.  Arg.

^And very happy to hear Jenna Coleman will be returning as Clara in season 9.  Seriously, although they did some really cool stuff with her character in season 8, they also did some stupid stuff, so I'm glad she gets another season to (hopefully)* be just plain awesome.  And Jenna Coleman is a fabulous actress.  And she and Peter Capaldi as the Doctor do really well together.

     *Come on, Moffat...*

          *Yes.  I am now using footnotes within footnotes (within footnotes!).  Footnotes are cool...  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment