Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another Conference?

This last weekend marked my third consecutive Oregon Christian Writers one-day conference!

It was a great day, aside from getting up just after 5:00 in the morning to drive to Eugene, where it was being held.  I car-pooled with Linda, an OCW friend, and we arrived early enough to not have to hunt for a parking spot.

The theme was bridge-building, and Bob Welch was an engaging keynote speaker. Good stuff!

I gave away a copy of my book in the drawing, and Linda and I were the poetry experts at the conference, so I sat at a table with a "Poetry" sign on it, and at lunchtime people could come talk to us about poetry. We had a great time.


After lunch we had workshops.  I went to one about self-discipline as a writer (and time management, and organization) that was a lot of fun.  I ended up spending a bunch of time in the bookstore talking with my friend Hillary and generally having a good time.


Worth the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment