Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Time Crunch

My friends, loyal readers, patrons and peasants. Sometimes there truly are not enough hours in a day.

Such was the situation I found myself in yesterday. I had four goals for the day:

1.* Get new tires for my car.

2. Finish and submit an application.

3. Re-write an article.

4. Finish my Book Design Software homework.


Alas, I only accomplished one of those things in its entirety,** and if my writing style feels a bit stylized, it's only because in my attempt at total victory all four arenas, I may have lost a small amount of sleep last night.


Now, those of you who know me are familiar with my night owl tendencies. But sometimes things get too late even for me.

So although I multi-tasked by working on my application while the TARDIS^ was outfitted with new wheels, I did not submit it until this evening.

And although I laid all the groundwork,^* I was not able to finish the article re-write, either. That one will have to keep until tomorrow.

Finally, although I completed the main portion of my homework, I decided I'd better leave writing my project summary until this morning. Which I did.


And that, dear Reader, is simply the reality of living by the 24-hour clock. Sometimes you must expand into the next 24. (And the next.)



So if you've been wondering where I've been...




*Remember my love of lists from my early posts?

**The tires.

^It's rectangular, it's blue, it fits more than it looks like it should, and if you think about it, it does take me through time and space...

^*Including a re-interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment