Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day Flashback

Hey everybody!

Someone recently posted a comic strip on Facebook about how we give our friends little Valentine's Day cards when we're in elementary school (at least, we do in the US), but we don't do it as adults. This reminded me of something that happened when I was deployed.

My friend Bridget got a fantastic little package in the mail at the end of February. Her mom teaches 3rd grade, and she had all her kids make little Valentines to send us. The box was full of them, and I have to say, this was one of the absolute best pieces of mail any of us ever got. Little notes from little kids? Priceless.

We all loved it. Bridget had them in a common area and we all went through them laughing about the spelling or the handwriting or the pictures they'd drawn; so great. Because Bridget is awesome, she let us pick some out for ourselves. I still have the one I chose, although I couldn't find it in time for this post. I did find my description of it in my journal, though:

"I took one w/a drawing of planes on the front (two labeled "enimy" [sic], and an undecipherable drawing on the back. :)"

It was pretty awesome.


So happy Valentine's Day, no matter where you are in the world.


2 comments: