Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day

You know, everyone today is saying thank you to the veterans and those currently serving.

I've gotten notes on facebook, applause at a ceremony, free meals, and thank yous from the people preparing and serving those meals. While I feel very strongly about appreciating all our veterans, I myself am feeling pretty grateful.

I'm grateful for a supportive nation. I'm grateful for free food, of course. But mostly, I am so very grateful that I had the opportunity to serve my country.

Today I watched with great pride as my cousin Courtney helped run a lovely ceremony with her fellow ROTC cadets, pride not only as someone who loves her, but as a veteran - she and her fellow cadets did us all proud today.



I think of my CAP cadets, some of whom are now serving, some of whom will serve in the future, but all of whom have taken the values of the military into their daily lives, and I can't believe how wonderful they are.


I walked my dad through all my coins and ribbons, looking back on my 6 years in the Air Force, so recently ended, with great fondness. And although I'm no longer in active service, I am so grateful to know that I will always have a connection to this amazing military family.

Above all, I thank God for leading me to serve in this way, and for guiding me through it and keeping me safe.

Thank you all for your love and support. Your veterans return it to you with joy.





No comments:

Post a Comment