Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

And I'm Stuck Inside?!

So the weather has been fantastic around here lately.  Naturally, I'm in the middle of doing research and writing final papers for classes and can't just wander around outside all day.  But I've still been enjoying myself.

Yesterday I had a couple of appointments.  I took copies of my book over to church for the bookstore.  Publishing through CreateSpace, by the way, is pretty great in that they just act like a printer - if you order copies of your own book, you can then do whatever you want with them.  Very nice.

After that, I headed downtown to campus.  I had to take my course certification sheet to an adviser to sign off on for GI Bill purposes.  I got there a bit early and was wandering around in the little convenience store in one of the buildings, looking at the overpriced school supplies and checking to see if they had anything unique in the candy aisle.  They did - a stracciatella Lindor truffle.  What?!  I've never seen one of those before, and I love stracciatella gelato, so I got one.  It was good (although white chocolate is not typically my thing), but I don't know that I'd bother with it again.  I think the dark and milk chocolate are better, and it was a bit strange to have a Lindor truffle with crunch to it.

Anyway!  I got the adviser's signature.  I stepped out into the sunlight and thought, "it's such a beautiful day, I should walk around and explore.  Or go to Powell's."  I really did think about it.  But I have so much work to do this weekend, so I was a good little student and took the bus back home.  But I did make plans on the way to practice guitar before getting to work, and to open all my windows, both of which I did.  I also ended up going for a walk later, which was really nice.

Before I went to bed last night, I edited another middle grade book for Ashberry Lane.  I loved it so much!  Next Wednesday Review I'll be reviewing Picture Imperfect, and then I think I'll review this new one after its release.

And now it's back to work.  Gotta finish that research paper for Monday and draw up a survey for my other research paper due the following week.  And what's the weather like today?  Beautiful, of course.  I'll definitely be taking a break later to go for a walk.


Oh!  And my hands are finally recovering from last Saturday!  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment